This remote cabin was moved into the valley from 805 Main Street, Coon Rapids many years ago. It’s a rustic retreat sitting between a spring-fed pond and the Middle Raccoon River in a beautiful, yet secluded valley teeming with wildlife. Deer, wild turkey, coyote, beaver and songbirds fill the surrounding woods and nearby clearing. This site is designated as a strictly hike-in, bike-in or horseback ride-in site from the Main Campground.
- 1 bedroom, sleeps 6
- 3 twin sleeping platforms in the bedroom, 1 twin sleeping platform in the living room, 2 twin sleeping platforms in the upstairs loft
- Old-fashioned outhouse
- Shower house with a sun-warmed water tank
- Small table with chairs
- Picnic table
- Bonfire ring
- Charcoal grill
- Large yard to pitch tents. Tents will cost $12/tent/night
- No electricity, no running water, or no drinking water, there is no source of heat in the house.
- No outside firewood is allowed, you can purchase firewood at the cabin for $5/bundle
- No ATVs allowed
- Sleeping pads are provided, but you must bring your own sleeping bags
- Dogs are welcome
- Horses can also be kept at the cabin in an open steel pen (we have two available), on the tie line, or by closing the gate and allowing them to roam within the small fenced in area surrounding the cabin.
Rates and Availability